The Department of Public Administration was came into existence in the college way back in 1975 as it was gained importance in the Indian Universities as a separate Department. Earlier it was included as separate subject under Department of Politics and Public Administration. The department was started with a single man department since it’s commencement. The subject was with combination Philosophy and Political Science in B.A degree course.(B.A.(P.P.P)) Ever since the department has started, it has been making diversified and substantial contribution to different areas. The achievements of various staff members speak of the fact that they are sound and active in teaching and other curricular activities. Sri Purnanada Sastry garu was the first person to hold faculty position in 1975 and served till his retirement i.e 1997. He nurtured the Department with great care, determination and vision. Dr.Kondalarao, Sri Pratap Reddy and Dr.Karunakar was also served this department. Since 2010 onwards Dr.D.S.V.S.Balasubrahmanyam has been serving as an in charge of the department. The percentage of pass is always above 90% since its inception.
Extension Activities :
- Students joined in the J.K.C.(Jawahar Knowledge Center) to upgrade their soft & communicative skills.
- Students participated in various Games & Sports.Offering Career Guidance Counseling to the students.
- Girls from B.A.(P.P.P)Group brought KABBADDI South Zone Inter-University GOLD MEDAL.
- Girls from B.A.(P.P.P)Group Placed 4th KABBADDI National Inter University Competitions.
- Girls from B.A.(P.P.P)Group brought Gold Medal in the “Yuva Tarang Sports Competitions” conducted by the Commissionerate of Collegiate Education, Andhra Pradesh.
EVENTS & ACTIVITIED CONDUCTED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
1. United Nations Organizations foundation Day 24th October.
2. International AIDS Day 10th December.
3. International Human Rights Day 10th December.